Today, I would substitute that sugary drink for some coconut water or this alternative-my new Cherry Chia Limeade Smoothie to fulfill that sweet cherry-limeade craving. Cherries are really great for you and high in antioxidants. Sweet cherries contain fiber, vitamin C, carotenoids, and anthocyanins, each of which may help play a role in cancer prevention.
For this recipe, I used fresh cherries, pineapple, lemon, and lime and added some chia seeds at the end. I did try to pit most of the cherries, but got tired! So some cherries had seeds, but my blend tech did a good job of blending all of the seeds very finely and couldn't taste them at all! #goteamblendtec
Cherry-Chia Limeade Smoothie: Cherries, Pineapple, Lime, Chard & Chia Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of cherries, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1 whole lime, peeled (the skin makes bit bitter so i like to take it out)
- 1/4 cup of pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups of Swiss chard
- Half a cucumber or one small Persian cucumber
- 8 ounces of almond milk or coconut water **The almond Milk makes the drink a little bit sweeter. So pick whatever works best for you.
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of Chia seeds to add at the end