I came up with this dish last year when I got some fresh dill from my friend's garden so I went crazy with the dill in this dish, but its so tasty!
Mushroom & Farro Stir Fry with Chard, Peppers and Dill
- 1 1/2 of farro
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 peppers (any color)
- 1/2 green beans
- 1 1/2 cups Kale (or Chard)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1/2 cup of dill (You could use less but I like it very dilly :)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring medium pot to a boil at pinch of salt to the water.
- Add farro, boil 10-15 minutes.
- Simmer for last 4 minutes on low heat.
- TIP: to make the farro light and fluffy I put a paper towel underneath the lid for the last minutes. This is great for all grains and rice! This paper towel absorbs the extra moisture evenly.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a medium to large pan, sauté onions, garlic and peppers.
- Add mushrooms, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Toss in farro and mix in 3/4 of the dill, mix till fully incorporated.
- Reduce to low heat, add chard. I add greens at the end so that the greens arent over cooked.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes, add extra dill on top before serving