It's also has turmeric of course, my favorite anti-inflammatory herb. You know me, I can't pass up any opportunity to add turmeric to a recipe! I have made a dish similar to this with kale before, but I think the fine texture of the chard is better. Chard is also another low-cal, leafy green packed with lots of iron like spinach, and Omega 3s. I tend to use chard when I recipes call for spinach. Chard is a great substitute since spinach doesn't sit well with my body.
- 1 1/2 cups of dried green lentils
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tbs fresh ginger minced
- 1 tsp fresh garlic minced
- 2 tbs turmeric
- 3 tbs cumin
- 3-5 tbs curry powder (to taste)
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups of Swiss chard
- Wash Lentils with three changes of water and drain.
- Boil lentils in a pot for 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate pan, saute onions in coconut oil. Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin and curry powder and saute for a few minutes longer.
- Add cauliflower and saute for 10 minutes, until fully incorporated with spices.
- Add the lentils, and remaining curry powder to taste.
- Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Just as you Turn off heat, add chard. (I like to add the leafy the greens at the end so they are not over cooked. Keep covered, for another 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with brown rice, or on its own! Enjoy.