This is a crustless recipe, but I layer the cupcake pan first with hash browns, which creates a nice hearty filling and a little bit of texture. You can't go wrong with potatoes!
Cook/Prep Time: 35 mins
Serving: Makes 12 mini-quiches
For Egg Mixture:
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup fresh dill
For veggie filling:
- 1 1/2 cups crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 2 orange or red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen shredded hash brown, defrosted
- Optional: Top with shredded cheese of your choice (I like munster to gruyere)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray each cup of muffin tray with with non-stick olive oil cooking spray (just trust me do liberally). Set aside.
- Thaw out hash browns, set aside
- In a medium bowl (or large measuring cup), whisk together eggs, fresh dill, and seasonings. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, and peppers, stirring until soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Layer each muffin cup with a few hash browns (about 3/4 tbsp each)
- Using 1/4 cup measuring cup or large spoon, fill each muffin cup with the veggie mix until 1/2 full. Pour egg mixture over cooked vegetables until liner is 2/3 full. Don't fill to the top! You'll have a mess. Top each cup with more fresh dill
- Bake cups for 18-20 minutes or until set. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve immediately. Add cheese the last 4 minutes of baking (optional). Top with fresh dill before serving.